Aware of the environmental issue, Uribe & Schwarzkopf has developed a pro-ecology concept:
- Volumetric design which provides enough shade to minimize solar impact on users.
- Building equipped with light and movement sensors with the corresponding greater energy efficiency.
- Green terraces in the surface of outside areas, reducing the heat islands effect of large cities, thus minimizing the construction’s impact.
- Thermal isolation, vegetal covers obstruct, filter and reflect solar radiation, fighting the heat in sunny days and maintaining heat in the winter. These also act as acoustic screens and provide noise protection.
- Use of colorless transparent glass to ensure sufficient lighting in work areas.
- Intelligent building with its own energy sources for the lighting of hallways, paths and outside areas.
- Use materials that have a low ecological impact.
- Architecture that seeks to minimize the CO2 footprint of the building.
- International standard of sustainable logistics for construction.